Thursday, December 20, 2007

Color Poem

I am yellow like the sun. A bright sunny day can almost always make me happy.
I am white like the snow, so peaceful as it lightly floats to the ground.
I am blue like my best friend's eyes. I know she will always be loyal to me, as will I to her.
I am black like the night sky. It will always be a mystery what is really out there.
I am orange like my brother's popsicle stick. He has all the energy in the world.
I am red like my boyfriend's favorite sweatshirt. He gives me strength even at my weakest points.
But most of all, I am brown.
People normally do not like the color brown; it is considered an ugly color.
But I think it is a wonderful color.
It is a simple color, but it brings so much comfort to my life.
My mom has beautiful brown hair,
and everytime I am with her, I feel comforted.
The trees are brown,
and I am so lucky to live in an area with so much nature.
When my mom makes brownies,
our house seems so welcoming.
My baseball mit is brown,
and that brings my dad and I closer together.
Hot cholcolate on a snow day;
that is one of the best feelings ever.
Brown is a very important color;
it makes up a big part of my life.

1 comment:

elleinad said...

i loved the beginning sooo much. even though we were only supposed to choose one color i think you definitly should have stuck with descirbing all the colors and their importance to you and your life. the brown descriptions i thought needed a tad bit more details. overall it was good. better than mine thats for sure!